Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Tuesday

 Before I get started on the pictures from today I just wanted to say Thank You to everyone who left comments on Monday's post. It was really nice to see that you guys really are enjoying this. Also, apparently my post on Sunday was a lot more depressing than I had intended. Sorry about that. I really am OK, I just need to slow down and take time to connect with other people more often.

So, the theme for today is MESS! I could add tired and busy to that, but really those two things just add up to more mess, so we'll stick with that.

I set my alarm for 7:00, but I just couldn't do it. I'm serious when I say I really don't like mornings. The diaper was from Laila's 5:30am booby call.


Thankfully, when she wakes up that early we both fall back asleep as she is nursing. I don't sleep well when anyone is right next to me though so any sleep I get after she wakes up is not great. Then, Macy always comes in and puts her cold feet on me to get warm.


When I finally did peel myself out of bed this is the first thing I saw when I walked down the stairs. 


And then I rounded the corner to this. Do any of your children leave a trail wherever they go? I didn't even have to ask who made the mess.


No, it wasn't her. She is such a good helper! I couldn't ask for a better oldest child. Sadly, being such a great kid means that Josh and I are also a lot harder on her. We try not to be, but it's just so hard when we know how capable she is. 


Prunes for breakfast this morning. She didn't love them, because they had chunks in it. (again with the texture thing) but she did eat the whole jar. Next time we will have to cut back to half a jar though because they moved things a little too much!


I may not be great at teaching my kids how to make their beds every morning, but the one thing I insist on is family prayer before they leave for school. James always blesses himself to get a smiley face so he can play video games when he gets home. Except not right now because he is grounded from any and all games.


"Can I spread the cheese?" She seriously has to do everything herself. She has even asked if she can zip my pants for me while I'm getting dressed. I said no to that one.


It's never too early to start good hygiene habits! She has a little bit of a deodorant fixation right now.


Someday I know I'm going to miss my girls being little and hanging out in the bathroom with me as I get ready...





But mostly right now, I dream about what it will be like when I can get ready all by myself. Not that there was a whole lot of getting ready done today. I didn't shower, I threw on some makeup, and I most certainly did not curl my hair like I said I was going to. 


I was in a hurry this morning because the beautiful McKenna was coming over for a haircut at 9:30 and my day was just going to keep moving from there.


After McKenna left, my friend Cybil came over so I could show her how to turn fake flowers into clips for baby headbands. I was really happy when she called me yesterday to ask if she could come over. I need to be more like her! And apparently I need someone to teach me how to be a better hostess. I didn't offer her anything to eat or drink the whole time she was over. So embarrassing.



Neither one of our babies were being very cooperative however so we didn't get much done. It really was nice just to sit and chat with another adult for a while though.


As soon as Cybil left, Macy and I got to work making some cake pops.




I had this great idea that since it is May first I was going to make flower shaped cake pops and then stick them into a glass jar that had a brownie baked into it so it would be like a bouquet of flowers for May Day that I could take to the ladies at church that I visit every month.


Well, I added way to much frosting to the cake pops so they were practically falling off the sticks, and my brownie didn't get cooked all the way so in the end it was just a really messy after school snack for my kids.


By the time 4:00 rolled around, the entire house had pretty much fallen to pieces. I never did make my bed, or fold the laundry that I washed yesterday.


And Laila was still wearing her pajamas.


The only way to get myself together was this. They watched Ben Ten episodes on the computer for over an hour, and I don't feel guilty one bit!


I cleaned up what I could and then got the kids cleaned up so we could take a little trip down to dad's hospital.


Samm is trying to raise money for an activity that she is going to be participating in this summer and she was going to talk to one of Josh's bosses about sponsoring her. 


After the hospital we ran into Wendy's for dinner before dropping Samm off at church for an activity. Inside Wendy's the kids got way out of control and were even sitting on the floor at one point which is when I told them that I was never taking them inside a restaurant ever again.

The saving gem to this day was the fact that other than Samm, who was at the church, all the kids were in bed by 8:00! Josh and I even got to sit down and watch a show together. 

Goodbye Tuesday. I won't miss you.


Why am I giving you a play by play of my day? Read Here.
You can read Monday's post Here.

5 comments:

Amy said...

I couldn't sleep last night. SO MUCH ON MY MIND!!! Today was not a good day for me. I vacuumed. That was about it. I let Freddy watch way too much TV and I feel guilty I didn't spend as much "play time" with Henrik as he probably needed. My kitchen still has Sunday dinner's mess in it. I'll try to get to that one tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

I realize that Macy may be too much of a helper, but she is so dang cute! I will have you know that for the last 6 months I have NOT made my bed on Sunday. See even an old dog can learn new tricks. Every Sunday I say, this is because Sally challenged me a long time ago to see if I could leave my bed made every once in a while. At first I had to shut my door but not now. Thank you Sally.

Cybil Farr said...

Had fun too yesterday! And for Pete's sake! You know me, and if I was hungry or thirsty I would have just asked for something. We'll have to try again as I've had ideas running through my mind since I left! Thanks for showing me a new thing!

Unknown said...

Sally- I love this blog so much, it makes me feel connected to you, even though I don't experience a fraction of what you do in one day. I just like seeing your family.

Seth and Julie said...

Tuesdays are my crazy day too and I am never sad to see them go. I also have a 4 year old who is a do it yourself girl. Drives me nuts because my other two are fine letting me do everything for them but in the end I think it is good that she wants to learn to be self sufficient. Your VT gifts were super ambitious. Wow! Hope they didn't cause too much stress. And yay for having some adult company yesterday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...