Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Fiesta Lime Chicken {Recipe}

Several months ago when my family (most of it) was together for my new nephew's blessing we all went out to dinner at Applebee's. I ordered something I hadn't ordered before called Fiesta Lime Chicken. If you haven't had this before I highly recommend it! It was so yummy that my poor dad sitting next to me had to listen to me drone on and on (probably with my mouth full) about how amazing it was. I ate every last bite which is extremely unusual for me. In fact I don't think I've ever eaten all my food at a restaurant before that, nor since.

So imagine my extreme delight when I found out my mother-in-law had yet another copycat recipe for me. (If you haven't tried the Panera Bread Broccoli Cheddar Soup yet you need to!) I've made this recipe twice now and both times I loved it. I had to revise it a little but it was still really good. Definitely worthy of sharing with you all. I hope you enjoy.



Both times I made this I devoured it so fast I forgot to take a picture first. Mine didn't look nearly as pretty as the official Applebee's picture but it was pretty dang good!

Applebee's Fiesta Lime Chicken {copycat}

Marinade:

C. water
1 C. water
1/3 C.
teriyaki sauce
1/2 C. lime juice
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp. tequila (substitute cactus juice OR just leave this out like I did!)
1 tsp. liquid smoke
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground ginger
Dressing:
1/4 C. mayo
1/4 C. sour cream
2 Tbsp. chunky salsa
1 Tbsp. milk
1 tsp.
cajun blackening spice (I couldn't find this anywhere but HERE is a recipe to make your own. Or you could try something else. I used a montreal steak seasoning because it was all I had on hand.)
1/4 tsp. parsley flakes
1/4 tsp. Tabasco
1/8 tsp. dried dill weed (or a little less, just do it to your own taste)
1/8 tsp. ground cumin
Shredded colby jack cheese
Crushed tortilla chips


Make marinade and marinate chicken for at least 2 hours. Meanwhile prepare dressing by whisking together all ingredients. Refrigerate until ready to use.

Grill or broil chicken breasts until done. Cover completely with dressing and top with cheese. Cook one more minute until cheese is melted. Serve over crumbled tortilla chips.

I tried to find those fun multi colored tortilla strips but I couldn't find them in any store around here. But for me the crushed tortilla chips (or strips if you are lucky enough to find them) are a must.

On the side I like spanish rice or THIS black bean recipe from Our Best Bites. It makes for one incredible meal.

P.S. Our site will soon be under construction. Our awesome sister-in-law, married to my super-computer-genius-older-brother, (first person who knows what post that reference is from is the winner!) is designing a new look for a blog and we are super excited about it. You'll have to excuse us in the process if things get a little messy around here. But it's going to be so fun when it's done.

P.P.S. I tried to make it so there wasn't a space between each recipe ingredient but it would not let me. What's up with that!?

2 comments:

Sally said...

I'm excited to put this one on the menu this week. Fiesta Lime chicken was one of the first real dishes I tried at Applebee's, once I graduated from chicken fingers.

Sheena Perron said...

Thank you for this delicious recipe. I actually had this at Applebee's a few weeks ago, and was so happy to find your recipe.
I asked my Husband what he wants for dinner this week and he said 'You could make that chicken again.' WOW!
I posted the recipe on my blog:
http://3sisterssharingideas.blogspot.com
Thanks!
Sheena

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...