Monday, January 9, 2012

Some much time, so little to do...

Strike that. Reverse it!

Is there some secret to being a mother, wife, person with hobbies/blogger that I don't know about? Because right now being a wife and mother is all I can manage most days and most of those days, like today, still end with a pile of laundry on the couch.

I do have things to share. Like this cute and fast flower that I managed to whip up during this little darlings nap even though I should have been prepping for dinner (yes she is wearing her pajamas and yes she wore them all day). I actually took pictures, got everything ready to post and then realized I didn't get the pattern scanned onto the computer and then this little darling woke up after only 2 minutes of being in bed and then proceeded to take another 2 hours to get down for the night.


I got the recipe for these To. Die. For. rolls from a friend of mine and I am soooo excited about them, because as you can tell from the picture they rose, and that never happens for me! Seriously, I have some sort of roll curse and my husband will even tell you I am not joking at all. Anyway, back to the rolls. I have made these a couple times now and I am hooked. I will never attempt another recipe again.


However, it is already 11:00 and I am exhausted so I'm just going to leave you with my theme for this year since Jenn already told you about hers. This year is all about attitude for me. Thomas S. Monson recently said "You can't redirect the wind, but you can adjust your sails." So, adjusting my sails is what I will do.  I'm am determined to see my trials as blessings, have a little more faith in myself, and stop seeing my job as a housewife and mother as a mere job. Each day I get to spend with my children is a gift and all of the laundry, cleaning, and cooking is an opportunity for me to serve the five people I love most in this world.

What are your New Year resolutions/themes?

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Congrats on the rolls! So glad you found some that work for you. :)
Looking forward to getting the recipe and the flower how-to.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...