Monday, May 2, 2011

Chicken Enchilada Soup

Hi. It's me Jenn again. Wow it's been a while. Vacation was good but it's good to be home too. Why is it though that I always feel like I need a vacation to recover from my vacation?

I've been in Oregon the past two weeks where we had rain and clouds 80% of the time and soup was perfect for dinner. I came home to sunny blue skies and a weather forecast that tells me soup season is almost over. I have conflicting feelings about this. On the one hand I am so ready for warmer weather and sunny skies. On the other hand I love soup and having a husband who works outside all day means that once it warms up outside soup is no longer an option.

To say goodbye to soup season I have one more recipe to share with you. It seems we do a lot of soup here but I can't help it. I love it! So here is a recipe for Chicken Enchilada Soup. Enjoy!

Chicken Enchilada Soup

1/2 Tbsp vegetable oil
1/2 lb chicken breasts, boiled and shredded
1/4 C. diced onions
1 garlic clove, pressed
2 C. chicken broth
1/2 C. masa harina (in the Mexican isle look for a bag that says "Mexican corn masa flour"
1 1/2 C. water
1/2 C. enchilada sauce
8 oz. Velveeta cheese
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. cumin


Add oil to large pot over medium heat. Saute onions and garlic for 2 minutes. Add broth. Combine masa with 1 C. of water and whisk. Add to onion. Add remaining water, enchilada sauce, cheese, and spices. Bring to a boil. Add shredded chicken. Reduce heat and simmer 30-40 minutes until thick. Garnish with cheese and crushed tortilla chips.

Oh so yummy!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...