Friday, April 29, 2011

Waxing Week Day 3, Eyebrows

Alright, we've made it to the end of waxing week. I hope I've encouraged at least a few of you to give waxing a try. Today, I'm focusing completely on eyebrows, because they are what frame your face, and in my opinion are the most important and most overlooked feature. Don't believe me? Let me show you what I mean. I had a little fun with photo editing earlier.

This is what I would look like with big, bushy, untamed eyebrows. Basically, these are the eyebrows I was born with. Oh ya! My husband was digging this look.




And this is what I would look like with hardly any eyebrows. Which is what happens when you over pluck. You don't want this! Put the tweezers down!


So much better!



OK, so we've established that eyebrows are important. Now the question is how do you get the right shape?

Grab an eyeliner or lip liner pencil and turn to a mirror. Placing the pencil right next to your nostril, mark a line straight up and down. This is where your eyebrows should start.



Now, keeping the pencil against your nostril, angle the tip so it lines up with the outer edge of your iris. This is where the peak of your arch should be. And yes, I realize my pencil is off a little. You try taking a picture of yourself while trying not to poke yourself in the eye!





And finally, move the tip to the outside corner of your eye and make a mark. This is where your eyebrow should end.


Once you have these three key places marked you can go ahead and start waxing or plucking. And which ever method you choose, just remember to take off a little at a time. You can always take out more hairs but you can't put the hairs back on.



So, what happens if you accidentally over do it? I suggest that everyone invests in an eyebrow powder. This will get you through the growing back out faze. Eyebrow powders are also great for people who have sparse eyebrows to begin with. I have this one and even though it is a little pricey, it will last me forever and has a wax with it to keep unruly hairs in place. And my hairs are unruly. I also have a nice little bold spot in my left eyebrow from years of not knowing how to shape my eyebrows and over plucking.


And speaking of unruly hairs. Did you know that you should also be trimming your eyebrows? OK, maybe not YOU, but a lot of us do. I was going to try and make my own little tutorial, but it's getting late and I found this video that explains it just fine



Well, that's pretty much it. The only other thing I should mention is that it's totally normal if your eyebrows are not the exact same shape. Don't panic and think you did something wrong. Most likely you are the only person who notices.

Oops, I did think of one other thing. If you don't already have an eyebrow brush, get one. You can get one really cheap at any store that sells makeup and taking a quick second in the morning to brush your eyebrows into shape will help make them look polished and nice.


Good luck!


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...