Friday, September 28, 2012

A Work In Progress

I've recently joined the Pinterest bandwagon. I know! How can someone who likes crafts and decorating, fashion, and has children not have joined Pinterest sooner! The answer: I have no idea. I can't believe it took me so long. The ideas out there are just endless. Although with so many ideas so readily available its hard to come up with anything on my own. I will think I have this totally great idea and then I'll see it on Pinterest and realize 5,000 people already had the same idea. But that's okay. The pros totally outweigh the cons. Like this idea that I fell in love with on the spot.

It was a perfect solution to my tiny problem. See last summer (before baby #3 came) my dad, the contractor, came to "visit" for a few months and built an addition on my 100 year old house. Quite a feat actually. Then again he's amazing at what he does (and just plain amazing) so it's no surprise. In the process I somehow convinced my husband to let me get new kitchen cabinets as well. The existing cabinets were home made out of cheap pieces of barely sanded wood and spray paint. They needed a serious upgrade. But back to my tiny problem. I have these awesome new cupboards and no wall space. So my dilemma? How to decorate my kitchen when I don't have wall space or room above the cupboards. You can put things on the counter I guess, but I like my counter space to be pretty clear for the most part. That's why it was such a genius idea. Paint the pantry door for a splash of color!

I forgot to take a "before" picture and just spent 20 minutes looking through every picture on my computer to find one but I've got nadda. Too bad. But here is the after:

 See that calendar to the left of the door? Yeah, that is my only wall space.
 
I call it a work in progress because I want to antique it a bit and I need to repaint my sign so that it flows better with the color of the door. I also need to make curtains before I can do my final kitchen reveal. (For which I do have a "before" picture).  But overall I think it turned out pretty well.
 
I purposely painted my while my husband was gone knowing he wouldn't like it. But he surprised me by coming home and saying "interesting color choice, but I like it." Thanks honey.
 
 

2 comments:

Sally said...

I joined pinterest after you, so you don't have to feel too bad. I love the door and can't wait to see it antiqued.

Dee dee said...

Cute Cute Cute! Great idea!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...