Friday, January 6, 2012

My New Year's Theme

I've never been one to set new year's resolutions. Mostly because a few months later I would already have forgotten what it was I had resolved to do to begin with. But last year I was inspired by a quote I heard: "We become what we want to be by consistently being what we want to become..." (Richard G. Scott). It became not necessarily my resolution, but more like my new year's theme. Something to think about and try to live by each day. It was also the inspiration for this blog and it's title.

I've decided to carry on this tradition of having a theme to live by for the new year. It is another quotation and again I was inspired as soon as I read it. It says: "A happy marriage is not so much a matter of romance as it is an anxious concern for the comfort and well-being of one's companion." (Gordon B. Hinckley)

How many marriages could have been saved had the couples been more concerned about each other's needs than their own? Although I am lucky enough to be in a happy, loving marriage there is always room for improvement. I look forward to the challenge of thinking less about "me" and more about "him".



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...