Thursday, March 31, 2011

Fabric Flowers for Spring Sticks

Wow, the days really seem to be getting away from me lately. Also, I think I'm in a pregnancy induced state of no brain functioning. I had a Doctor's appointment this morning and after it was over I went to pick up my youngest at a friends house and as I was sitting there talking to her I reached up to rub my eye and realized I only had mascara on one of my eyes. And that's pretty typical of how things have been going lately. So, I know the day is almost over but as promised here is the tutorial for anyone interested in making the flowers for the spring sticks.

Start by cutting out several strips of fabric that are 3/4 inch by 8 inches. You will probably want 3 or 4 different coordinating fabrics.

Thread a long needle, with a knot at the end of course, and sew a running stitch along the entire length of the strip.




Slide the fabric along the thread to gather it and pull tight. Keeping the fabric taut bring the right sides together and either machine stitch the two ends together or if your lazy like me just dab on some fabric glue.




When it's done it should look like this.



Run a little seam sealant along the edges to prevent fraying and then if you want an extra touch you could add a fake flower center or glue on a cute button.

I made a whole bunch of these in just an hour so now I need to find another way to use them, since they aren't going on my sticks.


2 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm actually surprised you aren't using these. They look so cute.

Sally said...

I thought I would love them too, but for some reason I just really liked the sticks by themselves.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...