Saturday, February 19, 2011

Clearance Finds

If you know me well, you may already know this. If you don't know me well, then let me enlighten you. I am not a bargain shopper. It's not that I go out of my way to buy the expensive stuff. I don't. But I'm not the kind of person who uses coupons, or goes straight to the "sale" section, and definitely not the kind who goes to 3 different grocery stores just to get a few things for 20 cents cheaper than the last store.

I do however love to buy my holiday decor and crafts on clearance!

Remember when I told you about THIS wreath? Well I was serious. I am going to make it. But instead of making it before Valentine's Day for $30 I waited to buy my fabric until after, and with the help of my 40% off coupon at Hobby Lobby for my wreath, I will be able to make it for $16! Plus I have the added bonus of being able to take the next 11 months to make it if I want/need to! (Which I probably will since I have to cut out 150 squares!)

Here's what else I got:


1. Take out boxes (30 cents) 2. V-Day wreath (30 cents) 3. Buckets (89 cents) 4. Felt Heart (30 cents) 5. Heart Ornaments (89 cents). And behind all of that is the fabric for my wreath. I already have fun ideas for each of these items (except the pink bucket which will probably become Ava's toy) but you'll have to wait until next year to see what I come up with!

One more thing about after-holiday shopping. Don't go the day after. It's always 50% off but you can do better. Wait a few days and it's usually up to 70% by then. Way better deal.



1 comment:

Steph said...

cute stuff. i can't wait to see how your wreath turns out

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...