Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Mirror Makeover

Even though my latest home makeover project started with a pillow in our living room, I've decided that I need to focus on the entry way first since it's the first impression people get of our home when they walk in and then work my way around to the living room and dining room.
 
So, what do you think of my Welcome to our Home?
 

 Slightly sad and not so welcoming, right? My favorite parts are the baby gate behind the door and the hole in the wall where the doorbell box is supposed to go. We had to take it down because it started going crazy one night and even after I changed the batteries it still kept on going. Now it's sitting on top of our fridge.

I've had this mirror for quite a while and of course I loved it when I first bough it, but lately I've been hating it. I knew I wanted to spruce it up a bit but wasn't quite sure how until Jenn suggested an idea that she saw on Pinterest. (I would link you to the actual inspiration pin, but Pinterest seems to be having major issues tonight. I'll try again tomorrow)


Getting those pegs out of the wood was quite an ordeal that almost caused swearing, but once those were out it was just a few coats of spray paint and some cute knobs. I am loving the way it turned out! So much lighter and fun.


Knobs and mirror from Hobby Lobby


I would show you what it looks like with the table, but the table is actually in the garage right now getting a makeover of it's own!
 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute, cute!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...