Monday, April 18, 2011

Life Lessons

There is something you should know about me...I have a slight obsession with waxing. Really hair removal of any kind, but waxing happens to be my favorite. Now before you go thinking I'm some weird twisted person let me explain.

This is me. What, you mean I actually have to point out which awkward 13 year old. OK, I'm the really awkward looks like a boy wearing a dress 13 year old.




Yes, that one. A friend of mine was nice enough to post this picture on face book, which reminds me, I still need to tell her that were not friends anymore.


OK, moving on. You can see the awful hair and the bushy eyebrows, but what you can't see is what caused my most embarrassing moment ever growing up.


I can't believe I'm actually going to relive this moment for all of you, but there is a very important lesson to be learned here. One that every woman can learn from.

I was 13 years old, and in 8th grade. The most horrible time in any girls life. Anyway, I was sitting in class early one day waiting for it to start when a girl walked over to me. She got right up in my face and then turned to the two boys who were sitting by the window and proclaimed "She doesn't have a mustache!"


Oh, but I did. I knew I had one, and my mom knew it too which is why she had been buying me facial hair bleaching cream. It was finally on that day however when I realized that a blond mustache is still a mustache!


It was after that horribly humiliating day (I was 13 remember, so it was devastating) that I switched from hair bleach to the facial hair removal cream. I'm pretty sure it was not long after that I started plucking my eyebrows also. Anyway, the hair removal cream took me as far as beauty school many many years later when I discovered waxing.


I Love waxing! I have waxed every part of my body that you can wax, including my armpits which I highly recommend, and I will continue waxing until I am so old that I can't see those pesky dark hairs anymore.


Now I realize that waxing may not be fore everyone, but there are other hair removal options out there. So, wax it, shave it, Nair it, I don't care. Just get rid of it! And teach your 13 year old daughters to do the same. Please! For me.




4 comments:

Amy said...

Sad story Sally. That would be so embarrassing :( I hate middle schooler and middle schoolers - SO MEAN!

LONNI MOORELAND said...

Can I request more info on waxing? What have you found works best? Does it work best in all areas? Do you exfoliate before? Is it best to stick to the professionals? etc... I have never waxed but thought of it, but I'm a little scared.
Junior High is oh so cruel!

Jenn said...

I will personally ask Sally to do a more thorough demonstration on waxing because you can do it at home. There is no need to spend so much money on a professional. It just takes a little practice and a know-how.

Kylee said...

I loved this post!! I can relate with you on this so well cause I had a similar experience. In that photo, I had the most bushy eyebrows ever! So glad that they are gone now. I love to wax as well!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...