I've been dragging my feet all day just trying to make it to bedtime without passing out. I'm exhausted. Needless to say I didn't have the energy to try and come up with something ultra fun and fabulous to share with you today. So instead I'm going to share something that I did a while ago and just happened to take pictures of. You've probably seen it before and some of you may have tried it but I wanted to share the "how-to" anyway. I love tutorials. Who doesn't want to know how to make a cute craft? You never know when you'll get the itch.
So here is my version of what I am calling the "S" Monogram.
What you'll need:
1 letter (I used the initial of my last name)
sand paper or sanding block
embellishments (buttons, ribbon, etc.)
1. Start by tracing your letter onto your scrapbook paper. Then cut it out.
2. I traced mine backwards on the opposite side of my paper so that I would be sure to not have any of my tracing lines on the front side.
3. Use Mod Podge to adhere the paper to your letter.
4. Take some fine sand paper or a sanding block (like the one below) and file the edges of your paper until the are flush with the edges of your letter. You could use an x-acto knife to make a smooth line but I like the rough look so I went with the sanding.
5. Brush Mod Podge over the top of your letter to seal the paper to the letter.