Monday, November 8, 2010

Next day hair revival

I can't even begin to tell you how wonderful it is to have a sister who is a hair dresser. (If you don't have someone in your life who does hair I suggest you go make friends with one! ) My sister Sally is guest posting for us today with a few tips to help keep your hair from being flat and drab on day #2 (if you are washing your hair everyday, stop!). For those of you, like me, who need all the help we can get in the hair department, I'll be asking her back for more hair tips on a regular basis.

If you had all the time and money in the world what would you do with it? Well, my list is pretty long, but definitely in my top ten would be to have my hair washed and styled by someone else every single day. For me, that would be the most relaxing way to start my day.

However, in the real world, I have neither the time or the money for that. I'm a busy Mom with way too many hobbies and sometimes five minutes is all I have for my hair. And yes, I am a hair stylist, so I may have an unfair advantage over some, but there are some simple tricks that every woman can do to make their hair look good every day, without resorting to the dreaded pony tail. And seriously, if your hair ends up in a pony tail more than once a week, we need to talk.

As a side note, if you happen to be one of those women who has long thick luxurious hair, and all you have to do is get out of bed and shake it and it looks fabulous than you might as well stop reading. In fact, I don't think we can be friends. For the rest of you, here is my trick to reviving flat limp hair on day two... or three.

1) lift up a few big sections of hair (4 or 5) and lightly mist with water at the roots (misting the top or ends of the hair will do nothing for you)


2.) If you have root lifter, and any women with fine hair should, give a couple squirts of that in a few spots as well.

3) Flip your hair upside down and blow dry while brushing hair from scalp to ends for about 30 seconds. If you have to dry it for more than a minute than you've misted to much.

4) Hit it with the cool button for another 10 - 15 seconds and then flip your head back up.

5) Run your fingers or a wide comb through it and your done!

Note. Sometimes I get that funny spot on the back of my crown from sleeping, so I just tease that section lightly and I'm done. And when I say tease lightly I do mean lightly. None of this Welcome to Texas stuff!

OK, I hope that helps. Throw out the pony tail holders and have great hair every day.

Thanks Sally!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great article Sally!!! I always love your articles and your sense of humor. Right now, I don't have enough hair to get flat - new hairdresser! Man I miss you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...