Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Got Mom Hair?

Who can blame you? You are a mom after all.

Not sure? Well here's a few signs that you might have "mom hair".......

1. Your hairstyle hasn't changed since high school
2. You sport a perma-ponytail
3. You've got so much grow out your hair is half & half
4. Your layers have gone rogue
5. Your ponytail holders are bright, sparkly, and pink (borrowed from your daughter)

I am, unfortunately, guilty of 2, 3 and 4. I find it hard to make time each day to do my hair any other way than a ponytail. And even though my hairdresser is a close friend I still find it hard to make time to get it to see her for a cut and color. So here's a few tips on how to quickly, easily, and cheaply fix the "mom hair".


Keep your style simple: cuts with lots of layers and longer lengths are harder to control and take care of. Keep your hair no longer than a few inches below your shoulder for the easiest maintenance.

Wear your ponytail lower and looser to keep it more elegant looking.

If you don't have time to visit the hair salon on a regular basis keep your color as close to natural as possible and add a few face-framing highlights. They will be cheaper and easier to maintain.

Keep your layers longer and avoid razors and thinning. The grow out is a lot worse when you do these things. *For a quick fix of your layers part your hair on the opposite side you normally do. It will help hide the grow out until you can get to the salon.

Stop borrowing hairbands from your daughter! :)


If you make it to your hair dresser on a regular basis, good for you! When we look and feel good we are happy. And when you are happy your family will be happy.

1 comment:

Sally said...

Well I don't wear a pony tail very often, but when I do I have to steal an elastic from Samm because big girl ones are too big for my thin stringy hair.
Also, can I suggest making a goal to not put your hair in a pony tail for a whole week and see how good you feel each day. When I finaly grew my hair out I promised myself that I wouldn't resort to a ponytail everyday and now it's a habit to fix my hair.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...