Monday, February 16, 2009

If I can do it, so can you

I've always said that I hate sewing, but it turns out I just hated my peice of junk sewing machine that never works right. You see, a few weeks ago I borrowed my friend Lisa's sewing machine that works like a dream, and not only have I made a couple of really cute things (at least I think they are) but I am loving it. Don't get me wrong, there are still lots of frustrating moments and I am still at beginner status, but I'm excited to learn new things and get better.


So, here is what I am absolutely most pround of. I saw the pattern for this adorable handbag several months ago, but I've never had very much luck following patterns, so I was just going to have my friend Joni make it for me since she can sew anything. But, after looking it over I decided to go ahead and give it a try, and I DID IT!



Obviously it's not perfect. There are a lot of things I will do different next time, but still, Can you believe I made that?... Me either!

2 comments:

Meghan said...

this bag is so ADORABLE!
and the right sewing machine makes all the difference.

Mrs. Cropper said...

That.is.DARLING!! Way to go!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...